Monday, March 2, 2009

"Cracks in the Pavement" writing project

Dear friends,
As many of you know, I am working on a writing project which I've tentatively titled "Cracks in the Pavement". The project is to be a series of "letters on living", some of my thoughts and reflections on life in the early 21st century. I am fortunate to have been given the chance to live and work with friends Ryan, Kesley, and Noah on their small farm on Williams Island in Chattanooga, TN while I do the bulk of my writing.

As part and parcel of the writing project, I will also be organizing a series of community events in which I will give a short talk on an upcoming writing topic followed by discussion and other activities. Tentative dates and topics of these events are listed to the right.

This project is a personal exploration for me, a chance to follow lines of inquiry on how to live in this world with greater joy, connection, integrity, and purpose. I invite you all along for the ride because I've found that this question always reminds me of how much I value the relationships that shape and sustain me.

2 comments:

  1. "God bless the grass
    That grows through the cracks..."

    Good work, Chad

    We wish you and your friends well.

    T&T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Thank you for a great story! You, like your dad, can tell a great story! Looking forward to sharing some stories on the roof in a few.
    peace

    ReplyDelete