Sunday, April 19, 2009

New photos / first letter


Dear friends,

Sunday has brought rain again to Chattanooga, but Friday and Saturday were warm and presented a narrow planting window. We worked until dark planting tomatoes, beans, basil, herbs, onions, leeks, shallots, and lettuce. I woke up with aches, but the type of aches made palatable by satisfying work. Here are some recent pictures from Williams Island Farm and from out and about Chattanooga. I hope you enjoy.

I am also sending along via email the first of the Cracks in the Pavement letters in two parts. The letter is titled Underpinnings of Health and asks the question - Are there underlying characteristics common to healthy people, communities, institutions, and ecosystems? I hope you will find something in the letter that sparks a thought or a new line of inquiry. I still consider this an early draft and plan on revising all the letters before self-publishing them later this year. So if you catch any grammatical errors or typos, feel free to let me know. I can benefit from a multiplicity of eyes! On the topic of editing, my sincere thanks go to Maribel and Amy Andonian for their input and assistance thus far.

Take care,
Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment